How to Get Your Lexus Road Trip ReadyJun 21th, 2021
Summer is here and restrictions are lifting, creating the perfect opportunity for you to get out and enjoy the wonders of Alberta that you might not have been able to experience over the past 16 months. What better way to cruise across our province than in a fully capable and luxurious Lexus. Whether it’s just you, with a significant other or the whole family in tow, there’s a Lexus model available for your needs! Before you grab your gear and go, there’s a few things you need to keep in mind and prep on your vehicle to be ready for anything on your next summer road trip. Follow along with us at Lexus of Royal Oak as we go over how to get you and your Lexus road trip ready!
Browse more of our popular blogs here:
Pre-Trip Service Check
First thing’s first, even throughout the pandemic, and even if you were driving less, you should’ve been keeping up on regular maintenance anyways, which helps cut down on any major pre-trip service check issues. Still, with regular service intervals adhered to, you should always at least check your vehicle over before you go on any long trip, just to make sure everything is operating as it should. Check all of the following:
- Fluids: Check all levels and make sure you have a proper amount for the trip length.
- Tire Pressure: Ensure your tires are all properly inflated.
- Hoses: Look for any unnatural bends, cracks and any points of weakness.
- Lights: Just do a simple 360° check around your vehicle to confirm everything is lit up as it should be.
- Wiper Blades: Can’t remember the last time you replaced them? If so, then it’s probably a good idea to check them.
- Air Filter: Check to make sure your air filter is clean, and free of dirt.
- Radiator: Be sure that there’s nothing blocking the radiator.
- Battery: Ensure your battery is secured and that there’s no corrosion forming.
- Belts: Look for any spots of wear.
- Brakes: Double-check that nothing has changed with the performance of your brakes (different feel, unusual sounds).
- Paperwork: Make sure all of your registration and insurance is up-to-date and available in your vehicle.
Pack Your Gear & Emergency Kit
Your Lexus is now ready to go on the service & maintenance side of things, now it’s time to ensure you’re packing all of your gear properly. On a spacious SUV like a Lexus you’ll have all the space you’ll need, especially in a GX or LX, but you should always be sure to pack what you’ll need and not overstuff the vehicle. Nothing says versatility like one of the Lexus UX, NX or RX crossovers quite like the accessory options available to make your gear hauling even that much more easier. Utilize the roof rails and roof rack cross bar add-ons available to conveniently store and carry your gear on these lightweight yet durable bars. Alongside your gear should be an emergency kit, so you can be prepared for anything. Think of including the following in any emergency kit, along with anything else you think may be of benefit.
Vehicle Emergency Kit
- Basic tools (including tire tools)
- Additional fluids (windshield, antifreeze, etc.)
- Jumper cables
- Warning lights/hazards
- Fire extinguisher
- Reflective vest
- Phone charger
- First aid kit
- Small shovel
Trip Planning During the Pandemic
While cities, businesses and parks are opening up, it’s important to plan ahead to know what is open and what additional safety measures may still be in place. Online information may not always be up-to-date, especially with ever-changing restrictions, so make sure to call any places you’re visiting to confirm open hours and any safety guidelines they may have in place. Erring on the side of caution is your best bet on ensuring the safety of those in your vehicle, but also any others you may be visiting or in contact with during your road trip. Planning and preparation has always been an integral part of getting ready for a road trip, but now more important than ever, even as the province opens up.
Get your vehicle service and trip planning out of the way so you can enjoy your trip! If you’d like some further peace-of-mind and would rather our team of professionals look over your vehicle, we’re more than happy to! Contact us, today, to book an appointment and get your Lexus road trip ready!